[solved]two questions!!!

1. I don't think there is a relationship between shipping and tax? Tax configurations are set up in the back office under "Preferences". I've attached a screenshot for an example. Shipping is set up in the back office under "Shipping".
Also, check this link as an FYI... http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/54674/configuring___using_prestashop/shipping_problem

2. I don't understand this question.

23476_4HFQvpTgG3cM4KSlx2UJ_t

hi, Shaun ,thank you for post. the second question i have an answer.
about the first question, once time i tested it, and found that the shipping varied with VAT 19.6%(the default tax at the back office, when i change 19.6% to 10%, the shipping changes), so i was Confused!!

Mmm...I'm just learning myself and I dont' use tax so I'm not sure why. Maybe if you have your tax set to VAT, it is also applied to shipping? I've attached my shipping setup page and the tax part of my Preferences tab.
Maybe play around with the different settings and see if it makes a difference?

23489_mAlBqwY2mXIcp8HoSJCb_t

23490_MypzfxMT3F6G5PR2gHwG_t

Hi there, I'm a new comer in PrestaShop and I've got same problem in setting up the shipment.
I have disable tax options, however the shipment is calculated properly. But my problem is; the shipment cost do not increased with number of units. For example, $2 shipment for one unit while it should be $4 for 2 units.
I have try to set up in weight options, but it doesn't work.
Please help me out.

@zhizunbao84

I think I have found where to put "No Tax" on the carrier, see the first screenshot.

@bernardlau
I think you need to set weight ranges and then the shipping price per weight range. Set up a weight range (or price range for that matter) as shown in the screenshot, then enter your Fees by carrier, geographical zone, and ranges as shown in the screenshot. See if that works for you?

23506_312YJW3aN6XMJeVtjaNa_t

23507_Gmpo0lHSWzecucpOjemq_t

23508_IBNKUNrwf3pUs1Sp0aBQ_t

Thank you so much.
But I did it before, it still doesn't work. Just notice I'm using Version 1.2.5.0 - 0.073s
Will that be any different?
One thing I'm sure, the free shipping works properly.
However, I really need shipment calculated by numbers of unit.

Attached show, the shipping cost remaining the same.

PS also got problems once the "black & white" theme is installed.
Picture mis-linked, cart mis-linked
Sorry for too much problem, can you refer some reference guide. Thank you in advance.

23512_IG3kGYNVM1HcmILHwNXR_t

23513_JecCw8LDbxnazVUTQadZ_t

Mmm...not sure what is going on with the shipping thing then. You could try searching the forum with "shipping" as your keyword and see what turns up. That is how I try to solve my issues that come up and most of the time you can find a solution.
I have see other threads that mention the Black and White theme giving problems. I use version 1.2.5 too, have you checked your "v1.1 theme compatibility" settings under Preferences? If the Black and White theme is only compatible with an earlier version, you may try enable this and see if that makes a difference?