setting up Google analytics (NOT AGAIN! sigh, yes again)

lucoral

Aloha,

so I'm trying to set up Google analytics API v.3.0 on the dashboard. Why? Sheer cussedness, I suppose. I have two questions, I haven't found answers in any of the other GA (Google analytics) posts. I'm running 1.6.1.6, with a slightly modified version of the default theme. I have Google analytics working, I have my number (UA-xxxx), and other web sites I have are working correctly with Google analytics. I am in the USA.

Question 1 - Google describes a process for adding analyticstracking.php to each of the template pages. What does that mean in PrestaShop? I have seen some mention of templates, but I think that template means something different in PrestaShop.

Google says

PHP ImplementationOPTIONAL

• Use the code to create a file named "analyticstracking.php", and include the file on each PHP template page.
  • Add the following line to each template page immediately after the opening <body> tag:

how does PrestaShop define a template page? Where would I find them? I have put the analyticstracking.php file in the modified theme folder.

Question 2 - on the dashboard, when I click on the "link to Google analytics", I am offered the choice of setting up 1.3 or 3.0 version, I choose 3.0. I have my Client ID for the shop from Google, but I don't know what the "Client Secret" is supposed to be, or the Profile.

Thanks for any help!   Tim

Edited by lucoral (see edit history)