bamoore91

Hello All,

Has anyone seen or come up with an idea for Global Attributes?

What i'm needed to do is apply a group of the same attributes to many different items. I would love to be able to apply the attributes to the category so that each item under the category will have those options. 

I'm looking to launch a store for the [spam-filter] who loves to embroider. So each item has about 70 different stitch color options along with different patters, fonts, accessories, etc. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

-B

• 11 months later...

I find Attributes very problematic.  If you have 80 products that all use the same Attributes / Combinations / Pricing then making a change down the road is a herculean task.  For example:

Attribute A - 3 values

Attribute B - 2 values

Attribute C - 6 values

PrestaShop therefore builds 36 combinations for each products.  Times 80 products that comes to 2880 total combinations.

What if I want to add a 4th value to A?

What if the price changes on one of the values?

God help the fool that has to rebuild 2880 combinations.  Yes, you can automate the process to a degree by buying a module that does mass / bulk updates, but that is approaching the problem from the wrong end.

Having more built-in flexibility when working with Attributes would be a thousand times more user friendly.

Edited by ionvapor (see edit history)