PayPal orders are not being reflected in prestashop

velozmontero

Hi I have a really weird problem and I'll try to explain it as best as I can. 

I'm using this module PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.9 - by PrestaShop

I have 3 payment methods in my store. Wire transfer, Payment by Check and PayPal Payments Standard.

The first 2 are working perfectly no problem so far and I my last successful PayPal transaction without problem was 2 days ago.

Today I received a PayPal notification that a customer had bought from the website but when I went to check my prestahop orders that same order was not reflected. I checked the customer's account and I found a shopping cart matching the payment amount but it hadn't been completed. I went and did several tests myself and I was able to go through the process normally.

I clicked on the PayPal button and it redirected me to PayPal's payment options page and the amount was perfect, I was able to pay and afterwards PayPal sent me back to my website like always and then the problem happened. 

my cart was still there and my order history was empty. Nothing happened on my site. I have no idea why, it was like the success response was never received but I'm not sure how that works. Today I had to process all PayPal orders  manually thru the back end and put the transaction details directly in the database.

Please help me solve this issue, any suggestions, ideas or at least a start point in how to fix this would be really appreciated.

thank you!!