1.6.1.6 - Price Rules - Buy 1, Get 1 Free Error

Myles

Hi,

I am trying to implement a Buy one get one free rule on all products on the site so that whatever is added to the cart the same again is added as a free gift.

I have followed the Prestashop example which I have included below but it is not working as I expected.

If a customer adds, say, a quantity of 3 to the cart  the rule only adds 1 free gift.

It is not looking at the quantity added to the basket and adding free gifts to the same quantity it is just assuming a quantity of 1.

I want achieve the following:

What ever a customer buys from the shop we give them the same order again free.... Buy 1 Get 1 Free.

Any thoughts and advice greatly appreciated

++++++++++++++++++++++ Rule Used +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can also use the per-product gifting way, where you choose to offer a free gift (of the same product) instead of applying a 50% discount for 2 purchases of the same product.

• Information tab: Enter a name and description. If you want the discount to depend on the customer entering the correct code, enter that code in the "Code" field.
  • Conditions tab:
    1. Check the "Product selection" box at the bottom.
    2. Click the "Product selection" link that appears.
    3. Choose "Add a rule concerning Products", click OK.
    4. Click the "Choose" button. In the interface that appears, choose a single product in the "Unselected" section on the left, and click the "Add" button so as to move the product in the "Selected" section on the right. Once the proper product is chosen, click to cross at the top right of the interface, or press the Escape key.
  • Actions tab: Choose "Send a free gift" and find the same product.

Save your settings. The discount is immediately applied.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• 2 years later...