Hello all,

I'm looking to make two variants of the category page, a short one which is standard and a longer version that is available for some select categories.  I've already styled the default short one and made the additional content for the longer one but I'm unsure of the best method to integrate them. I don't really want it all to be part of the same file as that could get pretty bloated pretty quickly as we add more categories that use this feature in the future so I'm assuming the best way would be to have a separate file for each of these that gets included at the top of the normal category page under the correct circumstances. What comes to my mind would be a change in the url for example (example.com/category.php#extended) but there might be a more elegant solution.

The longer version will have extra content about the product like various images and text content that make the page look somewhat like a landing page or mini home page so if we're doing a sale on helmets for example we can link to the longer category page for helmets and the user wont feel like we've just chucked them onto a generic category page.

But the shorter pages can't be replaced entirely for these category as it would take a customer out of there flow if they're traveling through the category pages and then hit a longer different one.

So if a user is just traveling through the various pages of prestashop they wouldn't come across one of these pages unless they clicked a specific link that goes to it.