Problem after 1clickupgrade, permits fault?

tuttocartoleria

good morning everyone, my first question:

I opened an e-commerce prestashop after 3 years of experience with another platform (one of those that give you everything, just enter the data and photos), and is the 1.6.1.4 version of linux servers.

Since the first installation I had several problems, the tables created them perfectly, but was unable to install FTP, what then made from the server manager. Then to install the various modules, free and purchased no problem, if only to make the updates to B.O. When reported I always go and put the folder permissions (specific form) to 777 (I 775) and then bring them back to 775.

The other week I got an email monetaweb.it is absolutely advised that an update of its form, done with the usual procedure of changing folder permissions and subfolders, as well as an upgrade to the latest vers. PS.

I downloaded 1clickupgrade, I did it in the local, everything was perfect, I did it again remotely and here the drama ... at one point I noted two mistakes that really do not appeal, continuous, it ends, and then ... disaster! White homepage and all unreachable, even reloading a backup. I had to resort to backup the day before made from the server manager!

Now I ask you a permission problem? I trust in change, as some say here in the forum, massively to 755 for folders and 644 for files? this applies to all the content in ftp? why not go with 775, should not be more "open"?

or is there something else?

thank you all, sorry for my english, google translator