Bizarre redirect to old domain, what does Prestashop installation modify in Apache?

I intended to set up a Prestashop based online store at www.my-online-store.com (names changed to protect privacy).

I hadn't yet mapped the domain name www.my-online-store.com to my server, so I installed Prestashop under a virtual subfolder of another domain I own as follows:

www.another-website-i-own.com/prestashop

(I use multiple domains on a single VPS server via Apache virtualhosts.)

I later mapped www.my-online-store.com DNS settings to my server, and set up the appropriate virtualhost file in Apache (/etc/apache2/sites-available) mapping this domain to the store's folder on my server. And I removed the mapping of www.another-website-i-own.com/prestashop to the store's folder on my server.

Here's the bizarre thing: when I go to www.my-online-store.com on my browser, I get redirected me to www.another-website-i-own.com/prestashop (and there's nothing at the latter location, just an error page).

What I've checked so far:

• It's not a browser caching problem. I've cleared the cache in Chrome, used "Chrome's incognito" mode, and tried Safari on a different computer. Same result.
  • It doesn't seem to be a .htaccess file that's doing this. I've searched my server for .htaccess files using grep, and nothing relevant to the Prestashop installation came up.
  • I've checked the hosts file in /etc, and there's nothing related to the Prestashop installation in there.

I want to understand what the Prestashop installation did that causes this. Any ideas? (I will eventually reinstall Apache and reinstall Prestashop under the correct domain name, but I want to understand why this happened).

Lastly, I have access to all the log files, so if someone can suggest what I should examine to get to the root of this, I will do that.

Edited by prestadev777 (see edit history)