Product search within a specific category

MichaelG

Question

I would like to put up some items which need customers to at first make some sortings, e.g tyres.

Each tyre has at least 4 parameters according to which a customers wants to make a search. I mean customers just can not open group tyres and start browsing, they need to determine the width, profile and diameter (185/65/R15) and whether they're looking for winter/summer or all season tyres.

Normally, I would insert these under features and they would appear in section "Data Sheet". But this does not enable searching by these parameters. Currently as I understand it is not possible to search by attributes nor the featerus within a group.

One possibility would be to create different groups with all possible features like Summer Tyres 185/65/R15 and Winter Tyres 245/60/R17 but in that case there would be a lot of different groups (+500 at least) and it would be complicated for customers.

Is there coming a new release to make a more sophisticated query within a product group or I have just misunderstood something and it is possible to overcome this issue with existing tools.

All the best and many thanks in advance,
Michael from Estonia

P.S sorry, wrong location in forum, but forgive that :-)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet