is it ok to manually edit id_lang value on the ps_customer table ?

USB83

Hello,

My website is offered both in french and in english.

But i noticed many english speaking customers don't notice the (rather large) language and currency switchers so all the messages sent by the website (order states, customer support notifications etc..) are in french.

It's too bad because the english versions are available and customers will feel much more comfortable receiving emails in english rather than in french.

So my question is do i break stuff if I manually change the value in a customer's id_lang found in the ps_customer table ?

Thanks a lot

Thank you for your reply but i think you didn't understand what i said (or maybe i wasn't clear enough)

The shop is 100% translated

But some english speaking customers don't change the language to English. they browse the website in french.

So when they place an order, the website treats them as french speakers and send the messages in french.

So to 'fix' this, i thought that i could manually modify the value of the id_lang in the ps_customer table. That way, next time the websites send them a message, they get the translated (english) version instead of the default (french)

Because with some customers, when we engage (phone, livechat, facebook) it appears obvious english is their native and only language.

Today for example, i spoke with a customer who had some questions about his order, his message was in english but the templates used for his order confirmation, and notification that his message was sent to us were in french.

Now that i want to reply, i considered changing the id_lang value so that the template used (reply_msg.html) is the english one and not the french.

When we will change his order state to shipped, a message will be sent as well, it'll be better if the english template is used also

This are the kind of use cases i plan to change the id_lang value

Here's an email i received a few mins ago :)

URWyRog.jpg

Edited by USB83 (see edit history)