Security Seal footer problems [1.6.1.6.]

4thbasement

Hi all, 

The Security Seal module I'm using ( https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/26200-block-security-seal-block/) seems to break the footer after prestashop update from 1.5 to the latest version. 

The screenshot attached shows what happens when SS block is on top of displayFooter, above:

post-1241385-0-02376700-1466619039_thumb.jpg

• Contact information block
  • CMS block
  • My account block for your website's footer

SS block placed last fixes the footer, but the seal doesn't show. Anyone got any idea how to go about fixing this or suggest an alternative?

Thank you!

Hi mdekker, thank you for the suggestion. That module is basically the same as HTMLbox? They both end up skewed (showing half way)on the left side above the other footer links/content (but they are intact, atleast). I'm not sure how that Seal module works but this is the code in BO:

<div id="thawteseal" style="text-align:center;" title="Click to Verify - This site chose Thawte SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.">
<div><script type="text/javascript" src="https://seal.thawte.com/getthawteseal?host_name=www..com&size=S&lang=en"></script></div>

it does nothing when placed in HTMLbox/contentBox.. 

*Confused*

Yes actually and the seal doesn't work on a subdomain, but it did show (with an invalid certificate warning) just after upgrading prestashop, in the footer where it's supposed to be. Since then I've been trying to fix everything else in the footer and at some point the seal disappeared.. 

Ok, I think just un-hooking and re-hooking everything in the footer fixed the issue. The seal is last on the footer hook list and actually appears "below" the footer. I've no idea why it was messing up in the first place..

As you can see, it does show on the subdomain but doesn't validate, which makes sense. 

I don't suppose there is an easy way to put it into the top horizontal menu? I think I read somewhere that you can make some simple modifications to the search part of the horizontal menu code to put something else instead, is this true?

Thank you

post-1241385-0-29925700-1466703448_thumb.jpg

post-1241385-0-39036900-1466703573_thumb.jpg