Where can I place my own functions

Hi All,

I just need to place my functions (which send all the details of each order in an xml file in a specific folder).

This methods have to be called in these cases :

- From BO : when I change the status of an order manually to "paid"

- FROM front: in the payment validation pages (Paypal, CB etc...)

What is the best ? Create my own class ? In this case how can I declare / include the file ?

Write the functions in a file which is called everywhere ?

Could you help me ?

Ok...

I will try to do that. I'm a starter in Photoshop organisation but I saw some goog tutos.

Could you tell me how I call these 2 methods "hooks" from the paypal_validation page (by example) when Paypal returns payment ok  ?

And from which page I must call them when I change the order status to "paid" from BO / orders / edit order ?

Thanking you in advance.

Many thanks for this very good tuto. I read it carefully and it's helpfull ! 

However the thing I don't understand is the link between such module and the concerned page.

By example a Paypal payment. When customer has paid on the Paypal site, Paypal call the ipn.php page in my Paypal module and send a response with payment ok or not. The customer never see this page. No message, nothing, only database update to validate the order. In this page, if response is OK, I need to use my personnal functions.

So suppose my new module is "dropship". In my dropship.php this code :

public function hookDisplayOrderConfirmation($params)
	{

}

In this function, all I need to do. $params will take the value of id_order. OK.

But how I call that from Paypal ipn's page ???

Sorry if I look like little bit stupid...

:blink:

Call theme in your module.

Don't use overrides refer to the code from the payment module.

Soory...oup's ! I don't understand "Call theme in your module." ...

In fact my function must be executed by OrderValidate method in PaymentModule. If the payment is OK I write all the datas of the order in a XML file and write it in a folder. That's all.

Hi All,

Then I come back after I created and installed my new mudule called "dropship".

As per the example given by ndiaga, I added a method "hookPaymentReturn($params)".

But after complete check I see that this method is in the 2 concerned modules: Paypal and Saferpay (CB payments).

Here is the method from the saferpay.php : 

public function hookPaymentReturn($params)
    {
        if (!$this->active)
            return ;

$smarty = $this->context->smarty;
        $state = $params['objOrder']->getCurrentState();
        if ($state == Configuration::get('SAFERPAY_ID_ORDER_STATE') OR $state == _PS_OS_OUTOFSTOCK_)
                $smarty->assign(array(
                        'total_to_pay' => Tools::displayPrice($params['total_to_pay'], $params['currencyObj'], false),
                        'status' => 'ok',
                        'id_order' => $params['objOrder']->id
                ));
        else
                $smarty->assign('status', 'failed');
        return $this->display(__FILE__, 'payment_return.tpl');
    }

So OK this method calls the template and show a message to the customer after his payment: ok or error.

But now I don't understand the utility of my dropship module ! 

I cannot use the above method to call my own functions ???

Or If I use my own method "hookPaymentReturn($params)" in my dropship module, how can I call it instead of the Paypal's and Saferpay's method ?

Really complicated...

Progress !

I built my own dropship module.

I call the hook hookActionOrderStatusUpdate for all the orders from the BO. Creation ever paid or payment update.

The method is called !

But new problem: I need this method be executed AFTER the validateOrder function because I need all the details of the order.

At this stage, all my tests show all the arrays (product list...) are empty.

So I suppose it is because all the order is not still created but only the cart.

So how can I do ? I looked at all the hooks but I don't know which one is executed in last after payment ok and order registration.

I see a column "position" in the hook_module table. I must change something here ?