[SOLVED] Attributes - some are taxable, some are not

I have a problem with the attributes in Prestashop. My products don’t have attributes really, but variants – eg, there might be a CD, a book, and a poster, all under the same product title.

I’ve looked at tomerg3’s attribute module, which looks very good and may solve some of my concerns.

But I have two particular problems. One - some of my variants are taxable and some are not (eg, books are VAT-free in the UK). The standard Prestashop functions do not allow for this. Are there any fixes I can apply?

Secondly, even if I list the non-taxable item separately, as a product in its own right, it automatically shows as ‘£xx plus VAT’ on the product page – even though it displays correctly as VAT-free in the basket. Am I doing something wrong – or is there something I can do to fix this?

Many thanks for any help. I’ve tried to contact a couple of developers for help recently, but can’t seem to raise anyone :-S

I think I will have to use a workaround for this one - ie, give the non-taxable variant its own product page.

I've also realised that the only reason my shop product page says 'plus VAT' when the product is VAT-free, is because I've put those words into the translations section in the backoffice! :-P I will have to revert to 'excl. VAT' for the product page, I think.

Thanks for your time, everyone.