Bestsellers list

Hi,

when I was testing my website for it's payment fuctionality, I created a test product, costing €0.10. this was usefull as I could buy that product and test the functionality without breaking the bank. But now this item is showing up in my bestsellers list.

I have removed the product from the catalog, but now it still shows up, but without the image.

After some digging about in the database there are two tables where this product is referenced, PS_idealcheckout, and this is where the payment were made from, and ps_order_detail.

I have a suspicion that Prestashop looks at the latter table to calculate what products are bestsellers, and populates the block accordingly.

Is there any proven way to remove this product from the bestsellers block? I am very reluctant to remove the lines from the table, as I am afraid I might damage the database. I suppose a second option would be to limit the bestsellers displayed and then place dummy orders?

any insights?

regards,

dave.

Update on the above issue:

I created a copy of the website and database, and deleted the records I mentioned above from the ps_order_detail table, but no luck. The bestsellers list still shows my test product as the second best selling item. I'll see if there is some other place where it could be removed.

still, if anyone want to throw in their 2 cents worth...

Regards,

David.