How to customize buttons, etc.

Hello all! I am a newbie and have a couple of questions about customization.

I am looking to make custom buttons and icons for my site. Here's what I am looking to do.

Instead of having the shopping cart text displayed as "Cart" with the shopping cart icon I want to have it display "Your order" with a custom icon.
I would also like to have different buttons for "add to cart" and "view"

How do I do this?
ANY help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

There are a few ways around this.
A quick way would be to change your graphic in your theme (theme_directory/img/icons/cart.gif) and change the text in your language settings. I'm new to PrestaShop so I'm not 100% sure of the "best" solution ;-)

There are a few ways around this.
A quick way would be to change your graphic in your theme (theme_directory/img/icons/cart.gif) and change the text in your language settings. I'm new to PrestaShop so I'm not 100% sure of the "best" solution ;-)

Thanks for your help..but I don't think the language has anything to do with it.
The shopping cart icon was easy enough to find.
Thanks again.

• 5 months later...

You can change what is says on the buttons in the Translations. In your Back Office, click on Tools > Translations > American flag (for English).
Navigate down the page to where the "product-list" section is. Change "Add to cart" by putting whatever you desire in the text field opposite.

Navigate further down the page and do the same thing in the "products" section.

It's as easy as that!

If you want to change the same things in the other installed languages, just repeat the steps by clicking on the flag for that language. Google Translate is very helpful :)