Employee cannot login using chrome or firefox - I (admin) can using same details

I have seen 2 postings on this topic - but wonder if anyone can shed some light on this issue?

I have 2 PrestaShop Stores, one on the cloud and one hosted. I enter them through separate browsers (firefox and safari) to stop getting mixed up;

I have set up my assistant as an employee on both stores. She can access the cloud store, and initially accessed the hosted store, but now she cannot ("Employee does not exist....etc"). She continues to be able to access the cloud store;

I have set up 2 other employee profiles for her on the hosted service, with different emails and passwords of course, but she still cannot log in. Yet I can login to her employee account on the BO using all of these details.

She has cleared her cache and cookies, tried a different browser (she uses Chrome, but has also tried firefox) and still she cannot get access.

On the 2 previous postings, clearing cookies and/or using a different browser worked, but it is not in this case.

Any ideas anyone on what to try next?