Disable carrier radio button

decorocco

Hi all,

I have a strange problem with the default carrier selection. After selecting in the backoffice which carrier should be selected by default on the checkout page (the most expensive; the sending option) and saving it, it will remember the default selection for a day or two and then revert to the cheapest option (pick up in store). This makes for a lot of clients choosing the incorrect option (pick up in store), as it is already preselected and they do not carefully check which carrier was selected. In the end they need to make a bank transfer with the sending costs etc. Nedless to say this is quiet bothersome to both the clients and us.

Rather than trying to solve the issue with this functionality, I would like to get rid of having a pre-selected radio button altogether. That way the client always has to choose a carrier and the issue would be resolved. Just like with choosing a payment method in step 3 of the checkout. Preferably displaying an error message when not selecting a carrier, but just disabling already would be a giant step for me.

Can anybody please tell me which code to comment out in which files to disable the default selection of a carrier?

Thanks!

Decorocco

Hi,, yes I am aware of how to set up carriers, ranges, zones, out of ragnge behaviour etc. etc.  

What I need is to disable the fact that a carriers is pre-selected by default on the check-out page.

In backoffice you can choose according to which rules prestashop chooses which carrier should be pre-selected.

Prestashop however does not let you choose whether you want a carrier pre-selected or not in the first place. I do not want anything to be pre-selected, so the client always has to choose, i.e.: always has to click on a a carrier to be able to ckeck out.

Thanks