[SOLVED] White page in Back office - Frontend still working

Mat_D1245

Hi everyone,

I do have a big problem... As said in the title of this post, my BO is not accessible. Worse, it is an empty code page !!  :blink:

My presta: 1.6.0.14

The error reporting is on, doesn't deliver any notice in back end.

In frontend, I do get two warnings but everything works fine:

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web28/html/shop/config/defines.inc.php:1) in <b>/var/www/web28/html/shop/classes/controller/FrontController.php</b> on line <b>815</b><br />   <br />   <b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web28/html/shop/config/defines.inc.php:1) in <b>/var/www/web28/html/shop/classes/controller/FrontController.php</b> on line <b>816</b><br />    

It just happened today as I was working on importing articles, which worked actually quite fine. I think it started with the indexing of articles for the search function.

We are still in dev, but almost finished, that is quite a sever drawback  :(

I'd appreciate any advice!

Edited by Mat_D1245 (see edit history)

I already did.

In fact, as I was trying to filter my articles in th BO, I noticed something was wrong, I was getting always the same filtered page, so I decided to delete the cache.

It didn't work from the BO, so I did it per ftp, as suggested. Since then I can't reach my BO.

BTW, cache is disabled, we are still in dev...

SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!

As stupid as it may look, I had to save the settings.inc.php in ANSI coding instead of UTF8, and everything came back to place.

This page lead me to the solution, sorry guys it's in french:

http://darklg.me/2008/10/php-erreur-cannot-modify-header-information/

Trying to figure out the warning I had on the frontend, I came across that blog, it gave me the hints on saving config files in UTF8 without BOM or in ANSI, UTF8 with BOM tend to cause problems as I experienced.