major layered navigation module disadvantage

sandrosama

Hello,

Sorry for the long post. 

I am not a developer myself and I like many things about prestashop, but I have a question/comment about one aspect of default layered navigation module. Our prestashop version is 1.6.0.6. and layered navigation module version is 2.0.13. 

So customer uses it and filters the catalog, he then clicks a specific product to open the product page. When customer needs to go back to the catalog page he uses the browser back button, at this point layered nav module "reloads" the appropriate products (based on the filters customer had checked when he opened this product page).

I wonder why was it made so that the layered nav has to "reload" the appropriate products every time customer goes back to the catalog page from the product page? Even if it takes just one second to "reload" the catalog page it still makes the browsing of the products more time consuming and very uncomfortable for the customer... 

Would not it be better to just "serve" the page without having to reload it every time customer goes back? 99% of eCommerce sites/platforms I have observed do it in this way...

Our developer says it will be very hard to change how this process works. This might sound as small detail, but I think this is really a major disadvantage of prestashop.

P.S.

Above mentioned problem, plus inability to use layered nav module on default discount, new arrivals and manufacturers catalog pages significantly reduces the usability of this module. There were some other aspects of this module that worked in illogical ways but we were mostly able to modify them.

Honestly, if we knew all this in the past we might have not chosen prestashop as our platform.

P.S.S.

1. It would be interesting to hear what experienced users might say on this issue.

2. I am not aware of any paid layered navigation module for prestashop that does not work in this way. Does anyone know any?

Thanks in advance,

Edited by sandrosama (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...