Add new order button missing

From the manual

"

One of the great features of PrestaShop is the ability to create an order directly from the back office. For instance, this is tremendously useful when a customer wants to buy a product but does not succeed, and you need to take the hand and make the order while on the phone or during an e-mail conversation with the customer.

Clicking "Add new order" opens a new page with a single text field, labeled "Search customers". When creating a new order through the back office, your first task is to associate that order with a customer. Type the first letters of the customer first name, last name or e-mail address, and PrestaShop will display the matching accounts.

"

I don't have this button in 1.6.1.4

I now lost a customer because I can't create a manual order for him.

Any ideas?

And you know why my customer called me? I added a new april promotion: one free gift via a cart rule. turns out the free product is added to the cart twice, one of them is charged and the cart total is therefore incorrect.

You know that's the kind of surprises that makes me angry, this should work out of the box. I'm losing customers because of this. not caused by PS

post-966205-0-04307300-1459514685_thumb.png

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Yeah I'm super admin, I'm the only one managing the shop.

Luckily (or not) the double free gift thing is caused by a third party wordline payment plugin.

trying &addorder manually:

is this a multistore "feature"? that i have to add the order to one specific shop?

If so, adjusting the manual might be a great idea!!!

post-966205-0-43896700-1459519123_thumb.png

Edited by Guest (see edit history)