Add Multiple Products

I'm making a module which adds a matrix view of a products with color and size options.  I created a new button which loops through the matrix fields looking for quantities and adding to the cart.  So far everything is going well but for a couple things.

When the products are added to the cart, the cart images all show the base image.  Example, the base product has a red image.  When I add the blue product, the cart shows the red image.  But the description shows it added blue.  You can check out this page and scroll down to the very bottom where the matrix is.  Add a few different colors.  Then check your cart.  The product images are all the same color (red).

http://swimmersmall.com/rise-aquatics-guard/82119-facility-staff-poly-female-h-2-back.html

The ajax code im using to add the products is just

ajaxCart.add($(this).data('product'), $(this).data('combination'), false, null, $(this).val(), null);

My next question may be a little harder.  I want to change the popup after adding to the cart.  How can I go about making my own popup after the button is pressed. instead of the default one?

Edited by wstar (see edit history)