Paypal Module Malfunction, Please Advice...

Hi, I've been building a shop in Prestashop, and was ready to have it go public, when I discovered I couldn't go through with an actual purchase at checkout. Thinking I had problems with my PayPal account or my module settings, I tried everything I could think of. I also changed themes back and forth, thinking it could be something wrong with a theme tweak somewhere. Finally, I did what I should have started with, I guess: I installed a new shop on a different domain (same server and host). Installed the PayPal module and applied the same settings and, voila, everything worked like a charm.

In other words, something has gone wrong somewhere with my first built shop. Problem is, I have spent a lot of time building it and setting up carriers, graphics, About pages and what-have-you. Consequently, I would really not want to start over again with a new install. So, what to do? How can I find the issue that causes the PayPal module to dysfunction?

What happens at checkout? Nothing, that's the problem. At the final page of the checkout, there is a graphic element for PayPal (it looks strange too, with a black square around it). Clicking it results in exactly nothing. At the first page of the checkout there's also a yellow PayPal button, allowing the customer to log in via PayPal. That, too, is "blind" to any triggering. It seems, whatever is supposed to happen when you click the PayPal buttons, misdirects somehow.

I am not certain whether I have, at an early stage in the building of the shop, migrated the shop from one place to another. Perhaps there's a reference to the wrong location somewhere in this case? Otherwise, I have absolutely no idea where to start looking. Any pointers? Anyone recognising the problems?

To sum it up: all PayPal settings in the module are correct and my PayPal account works. The same installation/version of Prestashop and the PayPal module used on a different domain (same host) makes it work just fine.

Cheers,

Daniel