Adding A New Address For Existing Customer - Issue

Hello,

Not sure if this is a bug or not. But when I'm adding a new address for a customer after they place an order (i.e. customer emails me and meant to ship the order to a different address from their billing address), I'll go in to Customers > Addresses, click the "Add New" button, and then enter the customers details. It even fills out their first and last name. But when I go back to the order to change the address in the drop down, only the address they used during checkout is showing. And when I go in to the customers record (Customers > Customers), it's only showing their original address under "Addresses". I can see the new address that I had just entered in the Customers > Addresses screen.

Am I doing something wrong here or could this be a bug?

Thanks,

Alex

Hello,

Not sure if this is a bug or not. But when I'm adding a new address for a customer after they place an order (i.e. customer emails me and meant to ship the order to a different address from their billing address), I'll go in to Customers > Addresses, click the "Add New" button, and then enter the customers details. It even fills out their first and last name. But when I go back to the order to change the address in the drop down, only the address they used during checkout is showing. And when I go in to the customers record (Customers > Customers), it's only showing their original address under "Addresses". I can see the new address that I had just entered in the Customers > Addresses screen.

Am I doing something wrong here or could this be a bug?

Thanks,

Alex

If you want to edit shipping address in order. then you have to edit from order details or from Customer > Address

you can see my screenshot: http://prntscr.com/a9ao5y

I mean "edit" not "add new"

Hello and thanks for your response. I know this but it doesn't seem to be changing the address for me. I'm having to go directly in to my SQL tables to change the address when this I have to make an address change to an order.

I don't understand why you can't just go in to Customers > Address, add a new address, and then it appears in the drop down for the customers address in their order so that you can change it?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...