E-Commerce - Facts & Figures In European Countries Vol I: Germany, Austria, Switzerland

shipix

Hi everybody!

You want to know more about e-commerce in the European countries? I found really useful data with facts and figures about e-commerce in all the countries in Europe.

I'm going to start posting them with the german speaking countries Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Its very helpful if you plan on expanding your business to the first or to another european country etc.and you need the first basic marketing data and general information about the country.

I hope you find this information as useful as I do and I'm looking forward to your feedback and to hear about your experiences.

Best, Uli

shipix - smartphone app for storage & shipping

wba1u9y5vw.png
wxm26dx9a4.png?timestamp=201503061435115Country:  Germany Official language: German National Association (NA): Händlerbund Currency: Euro (EUR) German online population

Germany's population exists of 80.8 million people, of which 86% uses the internet. 48.5 million of these internet users shop online. These online shoppers or e-shoppers on average spend €1,468 per year. Of the German population, 33.1 million people uses social media.

German e-commerce

The German E-commerce sales reached €71.2bn in 2014, which means there has been a 12.3% e-commerce growth in 2014. The VAT-rate in Germany is 19%.

Overview of German e-commerce statistics Online shoppers: 48.5 mn Average spending per online shopper: €1,468 E-commerce growth in 2014: 12.3% Standard VAT-rate: 19%

e3lvvwughn.png
l0c3qagmk7.jpg?timestamp=201503171125221Country:  Austria Official language: German National Association (NA): - Currency: Euro (EUR) Austrian online population

Austria's population exists of 8.5 million people, of which 81% uses the internet. 3.9 million of these internet users shop online. These online shoppers or e-shoppers on average spend €3,034 per year. Of the Austrian population, 44% uses social media.

Austrian e-commerce

The Austrian E-commerce sales reached €11.7bn in 2014, which means there has been a 8.0% e-commerce growth in 2014. The VAT-rate in Austria is 20%.

Overview of Austrian e-commerce statistics Online shoppers: 3.9 mn Average spending per online shopper: €3,034 E-commerce growth in 2014: 8.0% Standard VAT-rate: 20%

psbsy430og.png
ldunfut9qp.png?timestamp=201503061620523Country:  Switzerland Official language: German, French, Italian National Association (NA): Netcomm Suisse Currency: Swiss Franc (CHF) Swiss online population

Switzerland's population exists of 8.1 million people, of which 87% uses the internet. 4.4 million of these internet users shop online. These online shoppers or e-shoppers on average spend €2,858 per year. Of the Swiss population, 43% uses social media.

Swiss e-commerce

The Swiss E-commerce sales reached €12.7bn in 2014, which means there has been a 16.1% e-commerce growth in 2014. The VAT-rate in Switzerland is 8%.

Overview of Swiss e-commerce statistics Online shoppers: 4.4 mn Average spending per online shopper: €2,858 E-commerce growth in 2014: 16.1% Standard VAT-rate: 8%

Source: eCommerce Foundation, Ecommerce Europe