Credit card processing via PayPal?

I'm setting up a Prestashop store, and I want to be able to handle credit card payments in the store. I have a PayPal merchant account and got the API keys for the PayPal API module (and even enabled express checkout within the module's control panel), but it's still redirecting buyers to a PayPal login page upon checkout.

I don't want people to have to sign up for a PayPal account, I just want to accept credit cards using PayPal's merchant services.

Any idea how I can set this up?

Thanks!
Rich

Hello Rich,

No i don't but i would like to do it my self in the future (using standard paypal module at present)

I have seen this which might help?

http://www.ecartservice.net/21072009/paypal-wpp-example-paypal-direct-api/

Hope it helps and pls let us know if it does!

EDIT: Forget all of the above there is a built in module called "PayPalAPI v1.0" which I reckon will do the trick

ta

PS was it hard to get a merchant account?? Lots of background checks etc?

I'm using PayPal API, and it doesn't even give users the option to pay by credit card. It seems to be PayPal payment only.

Come on guys, there must be something I'm missing! An online store that can't accept credit cards?

Thanks,
Richard

Im in the same boat! I have another store (Yahoo platform) that goes right to the credit card entry page. There are too many steps to checkout with this Prestashop and I just spent the past 2 weeks sorting out the CSS files to get it to match my design...now I need to figure out the PayPal credit card issue.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Prestashop is currently incapable of handling Paypal Direct Payment out of the box. And the french developers seem unwilling to develop a module that would make it possible for US webowners to accept credit card payments via paypal. If you are waiting for the development team to implement this feature then my advise would be to move on to another cart. Search the forums, this feature has been requested over and over again for years with no response from the development team