Prestashop Theme Useless Html And Seo

Sodium

Hello,

Looking at Prestashop's pages with CSS and Javascript deactivated, i see a lot of useless content put there to displayed dynamicly with JavaScript.

For example, in the basket block, you can find the texts "Product added succesfully", "There is 0 products in your basket" and "There is 1 product in your basket". In a product page, there is the string "Date of availability : 0000-00-00".

I could probably go on for ages but basicly, Prestashop is putting a lot of useless placeholders that should be loaded only if required on page load or with Ajax.

I'm wondering how this could affect the SEO of a website. I see two majors problems :

- A lot of useless content offers less place for the actual content and crawlers may get confused about what the important sections of the page are

- Semantically speaking, those make absolutly no sense. A sentence followed immediatly by it's contrary isn't easy to understand even for a human. True, only the relevant content is displayed to the user, but crawlers analyse mostly the HTML code