Setting up Web-optimizer with Presta 1.3

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,
Just a bit off topic. I downloaded webo.site.speedup.v1.1.0, unzipped, uploaded and changed all folders and files writable. But I can't even install it cause it won't load the ../web-optimizer/index.php on my browser. Any idea?
Thanks!

Download the instructions manual from their site and follow them precisely and it'll work - i have it installed since this morning and no problems!

Make sure your directory is perfect and that all files and subfiles are chmod777

Good luck!

Hmm... I've been trying for the last couple days but still no luck. I set every folder and file to 777. Just in case, I also tried to move the "web-optimizer" folder inside my prestashop folder but I could never access to the index.php with my browser successfully (I did try to empty all caches and stuff and then refresh). It showed "page not found" or something like that. Just in case, I also asked my webhost if they do support gzip and they said yes..... now I have no clue..... Anyone?
Thanks!

(Off topic)
I also tried to modify the .htaccess file in order to optimize my website speed. But once I edited the .htaccess file I cannot access to my site anymore
http://viralpatel.net/blogs/2009/02/compress-php-css-js-javascript-optimize-website-performance.html

Anyone has idea either to fix my web-optimizer or the .htaccess mod issue? My site seems to take sometime to load and not smooth at all. :(
Thanks again!
www.ecyclog.com

Have you installed the standalone version?
and follow the instructions - I promise if you do exactly what it says, it works. You must upload the directory to your prestashop root.

Here are the files and PDF instructions.

Is your version the free version or do you have a key?

If you have bought it, then you can contact them for help.

Good luck

webo.site.speedup.v1.1.0.zip

webo.site.speedup.v1.0.4.ug.en.pdf

Happy I've been able to save someone! Most of the time, it's the other way around! I helped the developper translate Webo into French - not that it helped me understand any better how it worked!

I sure do know how it feels to struggle with something for days on end...

I do know a little however on the finetuning - so I'm here if you need me.

Hey vezy,
I think I screwed up my web-optimizer. :( When I try to log in it says "The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request." I'll PM you my ftp info again. Could you please help me take a look?
Thanks!