How to get in light

GouroB

I been reading posts and threads but yet its no where clearly mentioned what r the proper ways ... i designed this site few days ago

www.muhurto.info/Shop

and advertising in google, however i am not getting much hits comparing to impressions... and i donno why i cant get the adds even in google ( mainly top 4/5 pages ) when i look for the key words ... is there any way i can make it work a little better ... please help. Thanks :D

• 2 months later...

With websites it is never really a "build it and they will come". This is a common misconception.

How will your customers find your site if they don't know it exists? You need to do some online AND offline marketing.

One thing to consider is if it's a new site it will take time to appear in search results. During that time you need to get listed in online directories, blogs, forums, .. anywhere online that you can. Google will find you soon enough and start giving your site rankings.

You also need to get business cards made, get in the yellow pages if possible, send out newsletters and stuff like that. Just promote your new shop as much as possible!

+ Good luck! :-)

As i wrote in another tread.

First you must choose yourself some keywords like your website to be pinging in from search engines. They should not be randomly selected. They clearly have something with your hand to do, let’s say you sell pants, so you choose pants and keys it into the google keyword tool, here you can see the search volume on your keywords is 1 million searches it is a good keyword, but maybe not quite there to start. Start by extracting the low-hanging fruit, such as 10,000 searches.

Once you have selected 1-2 word search to a specific page on your site you must enter and correct the meta title and description for both must contain your keywords. Further you informed friendly URL’s to contain it. This deal with different keywords on as many pages as possible. (Page should contain something about the keyword.)

Once you’ve done it you started making incoming links to your site, it may be, for example from this forum, as you can see in my signature. When linking, it is important to correctly use Ancore’s text in linked. So if your keyword is pants, then the link text be pants. Links gives more points when they come from pages with high pagerank and from the sides there is about the same topic as your page.

This is a start, but there is a lot to go for anyway

(I used google translater for this comment)

I been reading posts and threads but yet its no where clearly mentioned what r the proper ways ... i designed this site few days ago

www.muhurto.info/Shop

and advertising in google, however i am not getting much hits comparing to impressions... and i donno why i cant get the adds even in google ( mainly top 4/5 pages ) when i look for the key words ... is there any way i can make it work a little better ... please help. Thanks :D

When advertising with Google what CTR (click-through-rate) are you seeing on your keywords? If you're getting a lot of impressions but barely any clicks then your ad isn't compelling enough to have visitors click on it. That, or the keywords you're bidding on aren't a good match for your keywords.
Next to each of your keywords there will be a "bubble" that you can put your mouse-pointer over -- what are the QUALITY SCORES of the keywords?

• 7 months later...