name change?

hi, so to got my shop the url is /prestashop if I were to go to to the cpanel an change this to toys would the shop still wrk the same or would I need to make any other changes?

Yes it would work fine. Change in the admin-section first - then change the folder name. After that, if you have clean-url enabled you would probably have to regenerate the .htaccess file.

Good luck!

when I try to chnage the file name in my cpanel it just says that the file is full and cannot be changed :(

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

The cpanel you say, is it the prestashop administration panel you are talkning about?
And the file name. is it the "PS directory" field under "Preferences"?

In the admin - preferences - ps directory I changed the name from prestashop to toys, then went to the back end of my site (cpanel) I tried to change the prestashop file name to toys also, this nae would no change though as the it said "directory not empty" so went back to my admin and to the ps directory to chnage the toys back to prestashop and but I just get a url not found page, and now the site wint work :( I had about 300 products on it.

In the admin - preferences - ps directory I changed the name from prestashop to toys, then went to the back end of my site (cpanel) I tried to change the prestashop file name to toys also, this nae would no change though as the it said "directory not empty" so went back to my admin and to the ps directory to chnage the toys back to prestashop and but I just get a url not found page, and now the site wint work :( I had about 300 products on it.

Ok, somehow you must rename your directory prestashop/ to toys/ and then all is well again. You have not deleted anything yet.

I have never used cPanel myself, maybe someone else can assist you on how to rename a folder in cpanel?

I do not recommend you to try for yourself if you are not sure how to do this!!!

(if it isn't possible to rename a non emtpy folder in cpanel, maybe you can create a new folder called "toys" and COPY the content of "prestashop" while preserving access rights)