cannot edit products, third request please help

I am really stumped so please help. I have worked on this problem for many hours without a solution. I can edit every part of my backoffice catalog except for my products. I imported 6800 products and now when I try to edit them there is no way to save my new work. I can add and edit subcategories, add and edit new vendors, add and edit attributes,etc. but cannot edit my products. I am using prestashop 1.0 mysql5.0. I was wondering, I log into mysql as root and prestashop as rich, does this make a difference? When I check my database preferences, they are set correct. I can see my products in phpmyadmin. Where is the edit products folder located? I would like to check my permissions for the 90TH time. Please help I am at a loss. thanks Rich P.S. I do not have a save product properties button.

I log into mysql as root and prestashop as rich, does this make a difference?

I can't see how this could make a difference. My sql username is root and my Prestashop username some other email address

You say you "imported" the products, you might have a data corruption. Just guessing.
As a start, try and input a test product manually. If this works, it suggests that something is wrong with your imported data.
Try a manually entered product first.
If this works, then go to phpmyadmin and see what the difference/s is/are between your manually created product and your imported products
Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. There is no save properties button even when I try to add a new product. I read about a problem where the inventory description contained quotes and corrupted the data, but this was repaired according to the reply. I have quotes in some my descriptions. Can this be as simple as missing a permission somewhere? I have checked my permissions everywhere including the settings for each user and everything seems fine. Thanks in advance for any help.Rich

That's weird. I'm sorry I don't know.
If it was me, I would install another copy eg on my local PC using xampp or winampp or on another server or another database
Then I would try and create a product
If that worked, I would then import my data into my test database and see if the import then took away the save button
This would tell me if my data is corrupt

Seeing that you can add/edit categories, attributes etc, I suspect it's not a permission problem. My hunch is it is a data problem seeing that you mention import. The quotes in your description are suspect too. I did a test. I added a product with quotes in the short and long description. Everything is OK but I did it manually not using import.