Category preview

You can add category images. But category image is small you have to change it size from your backoffice under preference/image.

Or add one subcategory under your main category, then add products to subcategory, then increase image size of subcategory. I think it will be helpfull to you

Thanks prestashopic for you answer, but I have already tried but I can't see the category image nowhere.. I don't know why..

Maybe I must try to create the preview in a different way. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Edit /themes/prestashop/category.tpl

there you will find code that shows category image:

<!-- Category image -->
{if $category->id_image}
getCatImageLink($category->link_rewrite, $category->id_image, 'category')}" alt="{$category->name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$category->name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" id="categoryImage" />
{/if}

To not show category image delete that.
-----------------------------------------------------
To increase subcategory image find this code in category.tpl

getCatImageLink($subcategory.link_rewrite, $subcategory.id_image, 'medium')}" alt="" />

subcategory image size is in medium size. you can change it what you want like "large", "thickbox".
then you can resize it with width=""; height="";

For example:

getCatImageLink($subcategory.link_rewrite, $subcategory.id_image, 'thickbox')}" alt="" width="image size here" height="image size here"/>

While adding product, click only subcategory. in this case product will not be displayed in category.

21140_XxhhHaoK8mbb3Xx0Kwmj_t

• 1 year later...