[SOLVED] How to allow UPPERCASE in friendly URL??

Muhammad Mustafa

As the title says it, I have friendly url enabled and whenever I add/edit a category I can't change any letter in the friendly url to uppercase, lowercase is 100% enforced, how to overcome it??

I believe its somewhere in /Admin-Folder/tabs/AdminCategories.php line #228 but I wasn't able to figure how to change it :)

Too, any idea how to remove category id from .htaccess??
Here's my category line in .htaccess:
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /category.php?id_category=$1 [QSA,L,E]
the URL looks like: mydomain.com/id-product-name
Want it to be: mydomain.com/product-name

Hi,

you do not uuse uppercase in the url it's the rules.

If you put uppercase your webbrowser transform it to lowercase automaticaly.

I think you are wrong at this point, try to visit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia
the word (Wikipedia) is written with a capital W and when visiting the page, my web-browser (FF) would keep it capital
the same applies to SE, visit google and search for: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia and in SERPs you will see (Wikipedia) with capital W

I am already achieving capital letters by manually put it db, some piece of code there enforce the lowercase in friendly url text box but I am not able to find it, and itsn't css I already checked it

It's a javascript to put lowercase.

But i would like to know what the official rules from w3c.org because i think you can but it's not the rules but if you don't want to repect the rules you can do.

You can underline all text when you want but it's not the rules because you never saw one text (professional publication) with an underline, it's never used but you can ...

It's a javascript to put lowercase.

But i would like to know what the official rules from w3c.org because i think you can but it's not the rules but if you don't want to repect the rules you can do.

You can underline all text when you want but it's not the rules because you never saw one text (professional publication) with an underline, it's never used but you can ...

I wasn't able to find anything about it in w3c, but I read somewhere else it is, so I'll leave lowercase in URLs
Thanks for the heads up buddy ;)