[Solved] Site Not Showing Correctly After Update To 1.6.1.x

After having issues trying to update my live store (posted here - upgrade issue), I have tried to update it locally on a wamp server.

I have the latest version of wamp installed and after updating my store using the 1-click update module, the update completes sucessfully with no errors reported. However after clearing the browser and trying to login to my admin panel, the site is not displaying correctly. See attached images, this is how the site displays.

I have tried updating my store from v1.5.6.1 to v1.6.1.2 and also from 1.5.6.1 to 1.6.1.3, both updates complete with no errors, but the result is the same for both, i.e. the site is not displaying correctly, see attached screenshots.

I have done all the required usual stuff, cleared the browser cache, deleted the store cache and disabled caching. I have tried setting the default template as default, regenerated my .htaccess, none of this helps.

Any ideas what might be wrong anyone?

Cheers...

post-395387-0-25699000-1449145719_thumb.jpg

post-395387-0-05998000-1449145734_thumb.jpg

Edited by glennlawre (see edit history)

Your response was very close SLICK,

I actually resolved this issue yesterday and was plannnig on posting back the solution. When testing the update of this site I had the site in a sub-directory, not the root. I was making the mistake of setting the domain & ssl url to "http://mydomain.com/sub-dir/" and setting my base url to "/".

What I should have set in the domain & ssl was "http://mydomain.com", and the base to "/sub-dir/". After making these changes my issues were resolved.

Thanks for the response though.