Tax Rules Issue With Multi-Store

Kanadawi

Question

Hi,

We have been working to setup our multi-branch business on prestashop for both instore and online sales... but we are facing an issue that isn't making much sense for us with Tax Rules and we would appreciate community support...

we would like to change tax rules rates to be one rate for country (13%) instead of compound rate of country 5% + state 8% (since we only operate in one state and don't have plans for other states any time soon)... so when we change the tax rules it works for one store but not others even though we made the change for 'All Shops' and even did it manually one by one! 

What we tried (for 'All Shops'):

1. We created a new tax under 'TAXES' for 13%

2. we updated the CA Standard Rate (for canada) to be 'This tax only', 13% (new tax created), and All states

3. we updated state-specific (Ontario) to be also 'This tax only', 13% (in case customer address specifies state so it would still be same)... but out of frustration i changed it to 'Combine' to try and see a difference but taxes still show as only country 5%! (screenshot attached!!!!!!!!!!!)

it works for only one of our shops but not the rest for some reason i don't know why and i assure you that i did it repeatedly for 'All Shops' and even manually one by one!

Further details of our case:

The issue is as follows: we have installed POS module that allows to process sales in a very user friendly and quick way... but when using it... our staff creates new customers with entering only first and last names and proceed to finish order! In doing so, the customer address information isn't entered and hence the state isn't specified... we operate faced paced, busy locations so taking full address for every customer who don't require delivery won't work with us...

so when order is entered, prestashop only takes into account country rate (in our case it's canada 5%) and since new customer info is missing state/province, then taxes on order is wrong.

post-1055739-0-87930600-1448310311_thumb.png

5 answers to this question

I did now, but no effect... it's only recognizing the old country rate of 5% even though i have changed it!

very weird! but i THINK i might know why!

when i made the change... prestashop didn't update the tax rule as i requested... it added a new tax by itself and gave it a new id... now my tax rule has ID 55 where before it was 53! (which is the tax rule that ALL my products are mapped to at import)... but now i checked and they all have Tax rule as 'No Tax'... 

I really hope i'm wrong because it's gonna be super annoying updating 98,420 products to the new tax rule!

but i'll do a few tests to validate! it's really a bummer how prestashop just deletes and creates new IDs on its own like this!

ok, so my hunch was correct! it is following the products tax rule when customer is missing state in address! 

however, now i have a bigger problem of why and how prestashop deleted my id 53 tax rule and created a new one! apparently twice since it is now at 55! any idea how i can mass update products on cloud to new tax rule?

Thanks for any help!