Prestashop fails to import 500+ products in CSV file

I prepared CSV file with my products. It has around 1000 entries.
In the middle of the import process, something happens and it redirect me to the maintenance page. No warnings, errors nothing...

When I log back into the backend i find that around 120+ products are imported. if i repeat the process it duplicates the previous items loaded.
I tried this several times, sometimes I get slightly more products loaded, sometimes less.I even contacted my hosting provider and they confirmed that all the settings on there end is correct. what could be causing this.

im using prestashop version 1.6.0.14

It is all to do with your server settings i think. While your host might be saying all the settings are OK, something is timing out. You would need very high values with a file of 500. On my hosting plan I could barely do 10 lines at a time

As I said likely to be a hosing time out issue. They could well be throttling. They may not see that is a problem, because they have to protect their whole system

I had loads of problems with CSV import so switch to a third party solution. Store Manager - never looked back

• 6 months later...