can i remove the "add to cart" option from the products list? ---here is why

I have product options that must be seen in order for the order to be filled properly. if the customer does not "VIEW" the entire descxription, they will not see these options.

One of the options is shipping as its the only way I can add shipping or free pick up.

Please help,,,

here is the ruff draft of my site http://www.soundmemories.com/orders/category.php?id_category=12

I think you mean the category list, where the products are sorted by category.

To remove the "add to card" button, you have to edit the template "product-list.tpl".

You find it in the folder "/themes/prestashop/" as long as you still use the prestashop theme. If you use another theme, replace "prestashop" with your theme.

Delete following lines in "product-list.tpl":

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}
{l s='Add to cart'}
{else}
{l s='Add to cart'}
{/if}

That's it.

Be careful and save this file first somewhere else.

here is the code...can you fix it and send it back to me?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
{if isset($products)}
<!-- Products list -->

<!-- /Products list -->
{/if}

An easy way to edit a “.tpl” or “.php” file is to download the file on your desktop via FTP. Open and edit the file with a simple text editor.

I have a mac, so I use TextEdit. There should be a similar program on a PC.

After editing the file, you have to save it again. It is important that the file is saved as plain text (this should be the normal setting of the text editor. Check the preferences if this option is selected).

After saving the file, you just need to upload it again via FTP.

Next time you post a code here, you should use the “code” button, so it will be displayed correctly and the others can modify it.

For now, I used my “product-list.tpl” and edited it for you. You can simply replace your code with the following (Make a copy of your “product-list.tpl” first, in case something goes wrong with my code here):

>{if isset($products)}
   <!-- Products list -->
</pre>
<ul>
   {foreach from=$products item=product name=products}

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0)}{l s='Available'}{else}{l s='Out of stock'}{/if}
getImageLink($product.link_rewrite, $product.id_image, 'home')}" alt="{$product.legend|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />
{if $product.new == 1}{l s='new'}{/if}{$product.name|truncate:35:'...'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

{$product.description_short|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|truncate:360:'...'}

{if $product.on_sale}
{l s='On sale!'}
               {elseif ($product.reduction_price != 0 || $product.reduction_percent != 0) && ($product.reduction_from == $product.reduction_to OR ($smarty.now|date_format:'%Y-%m-%d' <= $product.reduction_to && $smarty.now|date_format:'%Y-%m-%d' >= $product.reduction_from))}
{l s='Price lowered!'}
               {/if}
               {if !$priceDisplay || $priceDisplay == 2}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='+Tx'}{/if}{/if}
               {if $priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='-Tx'}{/if}{/if}
{l s='View'}

{/foreach}
</ul>
<br>   <!-- /Products list --><br

It was lost?

What did you do exactly? Did you use my code or did you changed yours?

Were the products missing in the list of the front office or as well in the back office?

Because editing a .tpl does not cause a lost of data.

Hope it will work for you after you installed presta again...

the back office was fine...and I just put back in the 'saved' code and it worked fine

but when I used your code (copy/paste) the categories showed up...but the product list within the categories did not appear

• 2 weeks later...