Feedback on my Ink Shop

arno9

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Your website looks nice.

Your horizontal menu has a menu item named “shop”, and then it doesn’t seem obvious for me the reason why you have an extra link that points to a category.

I like your FAQ page. Most of the websites lack this kind of webpage.

On the right column, you have activated few modules that you are not making use of. Please look at the blocks tags and Prestashop advertising block.

About the content.

Your website is very special. You are using the same image for almost all your products; I have never seen that before! See category http://printstuff.co.nz/90-stationery

It is probably hard to describe printer ink cartridges. You product pages are terribly empty!

Usually, it is bad for SEO.

Good luck with sales.

Hi pedepot,

Thanks so much for your feedback!

I have disabled some unused plugins.

In some time we will implement a script that generates unique images based on the file name. This will improve SEO hopefully.

I am forced to turn off Smarty cache because of issues with content for Mobile and for desktop. Is disabling this bad for performance?

Kind regards

Arno

Sure,

Disabling the cache system could have a negative impact on your SEO ranking. The 3 main factors for a fast website are compressing your pages, caching, and using content delivery. Not to mentioned that you need a good server a well. I hope you will be able to fix your issues or migrate to the latest version of the script!

All the best anyway.

• 2 weeks later...