Home page search and indexing does not work

Heey everyone. I have created my first "real" presta website aand I have one really BIG problem - as title says search does not work at all. As far as I know, I need to index all my products and it will not work if products have no tags, right ? Well all of my products have tags in both languages but indexing still does not work. So if I can not index my products search module can not work, right ? 

Here are some ss for proof

In indexing photo "Atnaujinta" means "Done"

In search photo "Prekių atitinkančių paieškos užklausą nerasta "PS 16"" means "There were no products found by searching "PS 16"" (or something like that)

In tags photo "Žymos" means "Tags" and "Batai" means "Shoes"

I really hope you understand what is wrong with my shop and you will be able to help me solve this massive problem. 

btw my website is www.zagienaplius.lt if you want to try yourself.

And I hope I write in the right place. First time using this forum. Oh and I have searched for solutions but unsuccessfully. 

post-1128784-0-33777900-1446571481_thumb.png

post-1128784-0-36755900-1446571482_thumb.png

post-1128784-0-16244500-1446571483_thumb.png

Hi ericzon,

Yeah. One might be "PS 16" or just "ps 16" (I do not know if lowercase "ps16" work when the tag is "PS 16"). It seems that tag "Batai PS 16" works but "PS 16" does not work. Also "Batai PS 11" does work and "PS 11" does not and it is like that for most products. One more example (there might be more, I have not really searched for more) is by searching for "Batai PS 2" I get answers like "Batai PS 16" and others which have no relation to "Batai PS 2" or even to a number 2.

I hope you understand me.

I'm afraid this is the default behaviour of the search feature (for that reason exists multiple paid search modules). It doesn't search like Google, it's only a tiny aproximation about what a search engine is. It discards short words to improve accuracy, for that reason it returns good results if you search by "batai" (http://zagienaplius.lt/lt/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=batai&submit_search=) but it doesn't if you do it by "PS"

• Like 1