auto send email with track after automatic update db, what kind of code to use the normal module?

deech123

Hi,

I have my own script that import the track & trace codes automatically.

I will program a page where in cronjob I update the orders where a track code is available in my extended csv file.

this is no problem at all, but I do want to know this :

what kind of code do I need to send the email automatically to the client with the code?

i use something simular to send an email when I automatically change status with an other script like this :

$order = new Order($Id_order);
$order->setCurrentState(3);  

any idea if there excist also something to use the normal classes to send the email matching the ordernumber?

thx for any tip or clue.

D.

Hi,

that's just the question.

what I need is some code like this :

$order = new Order($Id_order);
$order->setCurrentState(3);  

I will have the ID_order, and then I will say :
update ps_order_carrier, set trackcode = a parameter I will give, where ordernumber= (then the custom ordernumber)

that's all no problem, but after updating the order_carrier table with track and trace code,
i want to automatically send the email to the client, without any manual handling.

like you see the code example hereabove is to update the currentstate of an order, what I need is something simular to email the client the data oftrack and trace.

;-)

For the info, I need the piece of code that I can use in PHP after I do some stuff and then the update like : 

$sql2 = "UPDATE `ps_order_carrier` SET tracking_number=$tracknummer WHERE id_order=$id_order";

after this code I want to call a class to send the email with trackcode to the client.

this is not done on the backend administration, this is runned by special PHP page an cronjob.

hope somebody knows where I can look of give me the piece of code where you can just set the Id order or orderreference.

D

update : 

this code works allready perfect : 

$order_carrier = new OrderCarrier($id_order_carrier);
            $order_carrier->tracking_number = $shipping_number;
            $order_carrier->update();

where shipping_number is my tracking-number.

what is the exact extra code needed to send out the email automatically (when I do it manualy in the BO, then it works perfect :-) ) but I want to call it thru a PHP file.

hope somebody can tell me what I miss...I can not find.

D.

• 1 month later...