Problem creating a new Multistore Store instance

I am running prestashop 1.6.1.1 which works great so far.

Now I want to create another store within the same installation via the multistore functionality. While trying to add a new store I get HTTP error 500 coming either from out of memory exceptions or a problem with the max execution time.

I experimented with different settings (no execution time limit, memory limit up to 7 GB, etc) but no matter which ressources I throw at the apache instance it will eat them all up until it dies. While running, the apache instance is also burning through CPU until it is killed.

I don't have that problem with any other part of the installation, the only thing that dies is trying to create a new store within the existing defaul store group. I can create new store groups but that doesn't help me since the new store and the existing one are sharing certain products.

Any ideas? 

The server is an 8 core machine running a current debian. It's not virtualized and I am root so I can tweak any setting.

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

Hi tante, you can solve the issue?

I have the same problem, but in my case I receive the errors 500 & 504.

We have the Prestahop 1.6.1.5 in a VPS hosting with the PHP-FPM and the values: max_execution_time=300s, max_input_vars=16000, memory_limit=512M.

Any solution or idea to help me with this issue?

Thank you so much,