API handle custom routing

andrew.helenius

So, I have a small problem to figure out. If I were building a custom website from scratch this wouldn't be an issue, but for prestashop, I don't know where to begin.

I'm creating a module that integrates PrestaShop with a third party API and as part of the OAuth2 process it's asking for a redirect link: A simple GET request to a page that finishes the authorization. In most frameworks this is easy, but I'm uncertain how that's handled in PrestaShop.

I'm trying to share customer information with a third party API each time a new customer is added (I use the action hook: actionCustomerAccountAdd). I can send the data once I have an authenticated API.

Edit:

Ok, I get it. It is the admin account that needs to do it from the configuration menu. What I need to know is how we handle the activation link and GET request? When the admin enters the configuration page for my module there is going to be a link there that says 'click here to authenticate'. I need to grab the response from that request and store it into the Configuration. Can someone show me how that is done for PrestaShop?

Edited by andrew.helenius (see edit history)