Implement store selection

safius

Hello, everyone. I want my shop to support multiple "soft" stores, meaning that (a) a user should only be able to order products from a single store they have selected, and (b ) products should have different inventory codes for each store they are associated with.

Should I attempt to adapt the "Suppliers" functionality to implement this feature? Is there another way or is it entirely impossible to do?

Thank you all. :)

Edited by Alex Giannakakos (see edit history)

Appreciate the help, this seems promising. Will I have trouble building modules to combine information from different shops? For instance, I want the user's profile to display the order history across all shops, yet the docs say that order history and invoices are not shared. Is that just the default behaviour or can it not be done at all?

Appreciate the help, this seems promising. Will I have trouble building modules to combine information from different shops? For instance, I want the user's profile to display the order history across all shops, yet the docs say that order history and invoices are not shared. Is that just the default behaviour or can it not be done at all?

You can share orders only if you share customers and if you share available quantities to sell.

Of course, you need to put your stores in the same group.

I didn't understand exactly what you want to do with products but you can share products or not between your shops, depends of setup.

Neza.