DisplayLeftColumn Hook has gone missing

Hi all,

I was rather cavalier while using Live Edit, thinking I was removing all items from Left Column in the My Account section ONLY. Then when I went back to the Product pages there was no left column anywhere. 

The DisplayLeftColumn contained Manufacturers Block, Layered Navigation, Tags and Viewed Products. Not anymore. The "Centre Column" now takes up the whole screen width (I wasn't using Right Column at all).

Then when I tried to fix the issue the displayLeftColumn hook wasn't available at all in Modules & Services > Postions.

Anyone know how I can get this back?

I'm totally screwed.

Any help very greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
CP.

Forget it. Panic over.

I transplanted a module to the DisplayLeftColumn hook and initially it wasn't working. For some unknown reason, I tried it again this time with the Tags Module and it worked and now the DisplayLeftColumn hook is shown in Positions. So I can transplant the rest.

Don't quite know why that same solution didn't work with other modules (from memory I tried Layered Navigation and Manufacturers block and neither of those had any effect). Just out of desperation I tried the Tags module and it did work.

So Einstein's definition of insanity (trying the same thing but expecting a different result) is wrong.

This thread can probably be classed as SOLVED. Just don't know how.

CP.

Edited by carpygmy (see edit history)