(Solved) Can't have color and size on same product. Help?

I am having difficulty listing available colors, and the available sizes on some clothing. I created a group for colors, and one for sizes, and an attribute for each size and each color in thoise groups.

The size/color drop down boxes show up alright, but the product says it isn't available? If I remove the size OR color attributes, then it works fine.

Also, on the clothing that has the size and color options, when you click on it in the category listing you get a screen before the product details that allows ordering with none of those attributes set. How can I stop that too?

Help?

bykrmom

Make screen from your product at front office and also from attributes page from back office.
I think You set up your attributes wrong. With different attributes is always better to use Product combinations generator. I mess also with attributes at beginning at the situation was similar.

Thanks, a lot clearer now :)

As far as I can see you are not seperating your attirbutes

To add singly: select group then select attribute click add

eg:red - small

insert quantity then click add attribute.

Do the same for the next one and so on

To add several at once you need to use the product combination generator.

To use this select your first attribute then hold CTRL and selct others - do this for all your attributes you wish to use eg red - small.

When done click add - select quantity and then click generate

That should be it

Hope it helps

Bob

I think I understand... you're saying I need to make each attribute as size AND color. Like your example "small-red", then if I have it right, "small-blue", "small-brown", etc?

Seems a lot of steps, but not really any more than creating one for each size and one for each color.