Search in a new column in the products table

Pierre-Henri

Hello,

I've made a Prestashop website for one of my customers who is a heating engineer. His work consiste to unmount boilers to get all the pieces and sale them as used parts on his website.

I've added a new column in the product table to indicate what boilers models are compatible with each parts.

I need to force the search engine to explore this new field when a query is ran on the website. As the field may contains many boilers references, the query must be a LIKE '%...%'...

I've found help in this topic but unfortunatly,  the solution given doesn't work for me :-(

I've tried two times to add a field in the search index but it doesn't work. My search form always returns 0 results...

That's what I've done :

1. I've added a new field in my product table which is called products_linked. This field should contains the name of many boilers separeted by a comma (Example : calydra,nexia)

2. I've created a function in Search.php class to get products_linked content for a given product_id

public static function getProductsLinked($db, $id_product)
{
  $products_linked_str = '';
  $products_linked_array = $db->executeS('SELECT products_linked FROM '._DB_PREFIX_ . 'product WHERE id_product = ' . (int)$id_product);

foreach ($products_linked_array as $current_product_linked) {
    $products_linked_str .= $current_product_linked['products_linked'] . ' ';
  }

return $products_linked_str;
}

3. I've added an entry in $weight_array Array in Search.php Class :

'products_linked' => Configuration::get('PS_SEARCH_WEIGHT_PRODUCT_LINKED'),

4. I've added a line in foreach ($products as $product) to get the products_linked field content, in Search.php Class :

if ((int)$weight_array['products_linked'])
    $product['products_linked'] = Search::getProductsLinked($db, (int)$product['id_product']);

5. I've clicked on re-index link

And now, when I type "calydra" in my Searchbox, it returns 0 results...

I've activated the "in words" search option but it doesn't solve my problem.

However, in PphMyAdmin, a "LIKE %calydra%" on product table returns 20 records ...

Can you help me ?

Thanks forward.

pH

Edited by Pierre-Henri (see edit history)