How do i remove subcategories picture?

Hey Presta and thanks for your help in advance.

I would really like to get rid of the subcategories picture, but not the mini pictures displayed when u click on the subcategory; instead i want to get rid of the same picture it displays at the top when you enter the category.

Please check my screenshot to see what i mean:   post-1072949-0-52607300-1443723720_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem. I'm not 100% sure how I fixed it but I believe it was like this:

In your category.tpl file look for something like the bolded:

<!-- Category image -->
                    <div class="content_scene_cat_bg"{if $category->id_image} style="background:url({$link->getCatImageLink($category->link_rewrite, $category->id_image, 'category_default')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}) right center no-repeat; background-size:cover; min-height:{$categorySize.height}px;"{/if}>

It was on line 47 and 48 for me. You can make that into a comment by adding {**} and it should disappear.

so it would be like this:

{*<div class="content_scene_cat_bg"{if $category->id_image} style="background:url({$link->getCatImageLink($category->link_rewrite, $category->id_image, 'category_default')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}) right center no-repeat; background-size:cover; min-height:{$categorySize.height}px;"{/if}>*}

Hope it helps.