Add to Cart in Quick View and Normal View works differently

Hi,

When I click "Add to cart" on Quick View pop-up, it redirects the pop-up to the order page instead of the page showing product has been added to cart. In this case, the whole checkout process can be completed from within the pop-up window! Also, if I click on another "Quick View" from within the pop-up, a 3rd pop-up opens and so on. I can open up multiple pop-ups this way. Looks like something is wrong but I'm not sure what.

I tried to dig deep into it using Google Chrome Developers Console and here are my findings -

1. Add to cart in "Normal" view, when clicked, requests this URL - /index.php?rand=1443043015027

This seems to be right as demo prestashop also produces this kind of request.

2. When I click on Add to cart from quick view however, it requests this URL - /index.php?controller=cart

This causes a 302 error and it redirects to - /index.php?controller=order&ipa=2

which explains why I can see the order page within the pop-up. This behaviour seems to be wrong as demo prestashop produces a link similar to the one mentioned in point 1 even from Quick View.

I'm using the default theme and reverted any little changes that I did but to no avail. Any help or pointers to a solution will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasenjit

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...