"Permission denied" problem with Smarty cache

When I try to access Preferences > Templates in my PrestaShop 1.5.6.1 I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/vol1/users/pttk_cotg_s/sklepcotg.pttk.pl/cache/smarty/cache/blocktopmenu/1): failed to open dir: Permission denied' in /vol1/users/pttk_cotg_s/sklepcotg.pttk.pl/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php:180 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('/vol1/users/ptt...', 0) #1 /vol1/users/pttk_cotg_s/sklepcotg.pttk.pl/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php(180): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->getChildren() #2 /vol1/users/pttk_cotg_s/sklepcotg.pttk.pl/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php(121): Smarty_Internal_CacheResource_File->clear(Object(Smarty), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL) #3 /vol1/users/pttk_cotg_s/sklepcotg.pttk.pl/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php(759): Smarty_Internal_CacheResource_File->clearAll(Object(Smarty), NULL) #4 /vol1/users/pttk_cotg_s/sklepcotg.pttk.pl/classes/Tools.php(2424): Smarty->clearAllCache() in /vol1/users/pttk_cotg_s/sklepcotg.pttk.pl/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php on line 180

That's because the directory .../cache/smarty/cache/blocktopmenu/1 was created by another user (other than the creator of all other folders)! That seems strange to me as a month ago I had the same issue (ownership of blocktopmenu/1 folder), so I asked admin to remove all files from cache and for 2-3 weeks it seemed the problem was solved. Now the same folder with the same strange owner appeared again.

Could someone tell me how to prevent that "1" folder from being recreated? Or how to tell Smarty to use "blocktopmenu/0" folder instead (which is owned by the "main" user)?

PS. The same issue is for .../cache/smarty/cache/blockcategories/1 folder.
Edited by pkleczek (see edit history)

The problem here is that "Prestashop" Creates files on your server which has another user-group as which you are in.
Your provider only allow you to edit, delete files which are created by user-group "your-user-group-name",

so when prestashop add a file the user group will have the name "data-users"

which will result in you not having the privilege to change the files.

Your provider needs to add permission to your group to change the group of "data-user" (data-user is an example, you can see the name in ftp client)

see image below (I'm in the owner/group "dezwaluw" and everytime prestashop updates for example a module the owner/group changes to www-data)

oNxx9Sh.png

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)