Shopitems do not show up in categories

Velo17

Hello everyone!

I used to run Prestashop 1.5.6 and now try to upgrade to 1.6.1.1 but this turns out to not really work easily. The Oneclick upgrade yields a 500 error that I didnt manage to get around. Interestingly, my provider in the meanwhile supports a pre installed Prestashop and thus I installed this on a separate subdomain, but that is only version 1.6.0.14.

The default shop seems to work and I began to customize the looks and everything.

Now I realized that my shop items dont really show up in their categories. Even when I put an item into every category (all checkboxes checked), some items do not show up in any category at all, some show up in only one category (and that is then always the same single one).

I also kept a couple of the demo shop items and they have the same problem.

The items do show up in the dynamically created lists like favourites and new items. Or might there be a bug/mistake in the horizontal menu module (that is version 2.2.3)?

If you want to test/see what is happening:

http://shop.velo17.de/index.php

This is the test shop. As you can see down in the new items section, there are 2 items. If you click on the Test item for example, the navigation tree in the details page of that item says "Accessoires/Test" - so I would assume that this item was placed in category "Accessoires". If you click on that category in the horizontal navigation bar, there it reads "0 items".

Maybe someone has an idea?

BTW: When I try to Oneclick update to the latest version (from this 1.6.0.14), then I get quite some errors, for example too few memory for all modules to load...in the end it doesnt work and so I might be forced to do that manually?!

Thanks for reading,

R. Adolph