Need custom development on product price/weight/shipping calculations

morphcollective

Hi,

I have been working on an ecommerce website for a company selling custom made cabinets. Been trying to achieve the desired result using Prestashop and have gotten stuck for a while.

So I decided to reach expert help to achieve the desired outcome.

What we want to achieve is as follows:

This business sells kitchen appliances (ovens, etc) and also custom made cabinets. These two categories of items have different packaging and shipping costs.

Now the custom cabinets means that the customer will have a custom field "width" to enter the desired width of the cabinet.

The cabinets do have minimum and maximum possible range values for width, height, depth.

Depending on the width value the customer enters, the weight of the product is set. So for example, if the customer enters a width between 300mm and 450mm, then the weight will be 30kg, and if the width entered is between 451mm and 600mm, then the weight will be 38kg.  (Note that there are cabinets with fixed heights and depths and only the width is required to calculate the weight. I do have excel tables with all the products and their dimensions weight etc) The weight is then used to calculate the shipping costs. The shipping cost is based on the total cart weight, and depending on the destination (range of postcodes). So a range of postcodes for example 0810-0822 will cost $0.14 per kilo. And an additional charge of $330 for packaging (only for cabinets).

that's as far as cabinets are concerned.

Now the appliances like ovens will have a different way to calculate the shipping cost.

The shipping is taken as the greater of the cost per kilo based on weight, or the volume.

For example:

If the oven weighed 38.8kg it has a weight charge of $5.43.

Say the overall dimensions of the box are 0.6m x 0.6m x 1m, this gives a volume of .36m3 .

The way they calculate the equivalent weight for this volume is to multiply the volume by 333kg/m3. That means that the equivalent weight of this volume is 119.88kg. The charge for this equivalent volume at 0.14/kg is $16.78.

Another problem is that to ship one oven we still have to pack in on a full pallet. Which is 1.2m x 1.2m by however high the package is. Say 1.2m. This gives an equivalent volume charge of 1.728*333*0.14 = $80.56.

We need to come up with a way of dealing with these non-cabinet goods.

Now you can check out the prestashop site to get an idea here: http://4kitchens.com.au/shop and look at this product for example: http://4kitchens.com.au/shop/door/84-ps1l-split-pantry-hinged-left.html

I've purchased two modules to achieve this, but they do not communicate together, they don't work together which means the cart is not working properly.

These are the modules:

Shipping cost by Zip/Postal code/Country/State/City Module and ProductPriceBySize module

Is it possible for this to be done? It might need some custom development which I am not able to undertake.

Please reply and let me know if this can be achieved. And any questions you might have. How much could it cost?

I can have more details available on the products etc.

Thank you

Kind regards